"My Portugal Experience" is a product of "OCvillas - Promoção e Arrendamento de Imóveis, Lda.”. Therefore, from now on all references to the service provider will be related to OCVillas.
- The price given by OCvillas on the confirmation of the booking it’s the valid price;
- When applicable, a supplement of 150€ will be requested for each extra person. The maximum occupancy of each accommodation cannot be exceeded unless stated previously.
- In the event that additional guests are found to be staying at the property, we reserve the right to charge (or deduct from your breakages deposit) the sum of 150€, per person, per day.
2. Services to be provided by the operator and included in the price
- Bed Linen, towels (beach towels included in the accommodations at “Premium Selection”) and midweek towels change (for stays of 7 nights only, except in some accommodations);
- For bookings multiples of 7 nights it’s included the above and a full cleaning with towels and linen change at the middle of the stay (please contact us for more information regarding bookings with different duration);
- Self-catering accommodation at your chosen property;
- Electricity, gas, water, pool maintenance and gardening service.
3. Booking with OCvillas
- To make your reservation, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com or ring us on 00351 967 454 911.
- To secure the booking we request 50% deposit and the remaining amount it’s due 30 days prior to arrival. We will hold your booking for a maximum of 72 hours. Within this deadline, the payment should be made, or a proof of payment sent by e-mail;
- If you wish to get an invoice with a VAT number, you should make a written request, before making any payment. Please note that 2 invoices will be issued, an invoice of the deposit, and an invoice of the remaining amount. Therefore, please ask for the invoice with VAT number before making any payment.
- We accept payments by Credit Cards, such as Visa/Mastercard and by bank transfer.
- After receiving the payment of the deposit (or confirmation of it), OCvillas will issue a booking voucher confirmation. Other instructions, such as how to get to the accommodation, the access codes and other useful and important information, will be available in the Guest reserved area, which can be accessed with the Login made at the time of booking. This information will also be sent to Guest / Customer email address;
- Groups of people of the same gender are subject to confirmation and one of the members should have at least 25 years old.
4. Change Reservation
- In case you need to modify your reservation already confirmed (i.e. switch to other accommodation), you should inform the OCvillas in writing as soon as possible;
- OCvillas will do the best to achieve your request, but with no guarantees that it will be made free of charge;
- Add an extra person to your booking may be accepted only if it does not exceed the maximum capacity of the accommodation. There is an additional charge for each person added. They should be informed of this document and accept the contents of it.
5. Cancellation of a reservation
- If you choose to cancel your booking or any other content of your holiday after confirmation and payment, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any payments made at the time of cancellation, are not refundable.
- We may have to cancel or change your holiday arrangements which we reserve the right to do so. In the unlikely event of this happening, we will do our best to accommodate you in a similar accommodation or we will refund all deposits paid. We will not pay any compensation.
6. Breakage and Damage Deposit
- A breakage deposit between 200 Euros and 1000 Euros is required for all our properties (except for groups, where we reserve the right to charge between 50€ to 200€ per person).
- The damages deposit should be paid in credit card, and it will be refunded by credit card, within 5 days after departure if no damages occur.
- In the event of breakage, damage or failure to obey the property’s code of conduct, an appropriate amount will be deducted from the breakage deposit. The purpose of the deposit is to provide a form of protection for owners against any unpaid damage, additional services or charges of any other nature, in the absence of which your deposit will be returned to you within 5 working days after your departure. Should there be substantial damage or abusive behavior at your accommodation, you will be asked to leave and will be responsible for any costs you may incur in obtaining alternative accommodation.
- OCvillas is responsible to give the necessary support during your stay in case of any failure. We will try to provide this service as quick as possible, however during high season delays may occur.
- It will be charged a handling fee of € 35 – € 50, to be paid by the Guest / Customer locally if the problem reported does not consist of a failure / malfunction, and it is established that there wouldn´t be necessary the displacement of the technician.
- In case of misplaced keys, the Guest / Customer, will be responsible for the replacement of any locks, and the costs will be paid locally.
- In case the keys are left inside the accommodation, the Guest / Customer, will be responsible to collect the master key at OCvillas office during working hours. If an OCvillas representative will be needed at the accommodation to open any doors, an additional charge of 25€+VAT will be requested to be paid by the Guest / Costumer locally.
8. General Conditions
- Check-in time on arrival day is from 4pm; Check out time on departure day is by 11am;
- At the majority of our accommodations, from the 1st of July to the 1st of September the minimum stay is multiple of 7 nights. Changeover day: Saturday or Sunday. Most of the accommodations the remaining periods of the year we accept bookings of a minimum of 5 nights and the changeover day is flexible.
- We’re sorry, but generally pets are not allowed, although a few of our property owners may be prepared to accept them subject to a written request made in advance. An additional fee of 50€ should be paid locally.
- In case any pets are found in the accommodation, without previous authorization, OCvillas reserves the right to terminate your holiday in that moment, without any responsibility to assume any costs resulting from your reallocation.
9. Costumer/Guest with special needs
- OCvillas will be happy to help you select the most suitable accommodation to your special needs. In order to ensure the best comfort, safety and to fully enjoy your holiday, please contact us on this matter before proceeding with your reservation.
- We decline responsibility for loss or theft inside or outside the property so we recommend you take out an appropriate travel insurance policy providing adequate cover;
- You are wholly responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all members of your party. We would ask you, therefore, to take all necessary precautions during your holiday;
- We recommend you read the safety instructions on the accommodation carefully, to familiarize yourself with the safety equipment on the property. Parents have full responsibility for the acts of their children at all times. It should be given special attention (but not exclusively) to the balconies, terraces and stairs, panels / glass doors, wet or damp ground and pools. If you have any specific concerns with the accommodation, please contact a representative of OCvillas in order to try to settle your claim in the best way.
- If your behavior, or that of someone else in your group, causes inconvenience, damage or disturbance, if you treat the property in an improper fashion, if you disobey local, we reserve the right to cancel the remainder of your stay forthwith. In such circumstances, should you refuse to cooperate, we reserve the right for the local police authorities, accompanied by an OCvillas representative or the property owner, to take appropriate steps as allowed for by law. If this should happen, our obligation to you will cease from that moment on and you will be solely responsible for covering any additional costs you may incur as a result of your behavior;
- There are fines defined by law, which can reach as far as 1000€, and those can be applied, if the authorities decide to do so.
- Noise levels can be higher during the peak holiday season due to traffic, neighbors and others. Occasionally, you may find building or road works near an accommodation. We are sorry, but we cannot be responsible for any of those situations or anything similar. We suggest you do your best to keep noise to a minimum after 10pm;
14. Documents and Insurance
- Since 2015 Portugal has more strictly enforced a long-standing law requiring anyone providing paid holiday accommodation to record the entry, exit, and identification details of all non-Portuguese nationals who use that accommodation. Therefore, OCvillas is required to report your presence and details to the Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service (SEF). At check-in each Guest /Costumer will be requested to provide the necessary documentation (Passport/ID), to fulfil this legal requirement.
- What happens if someone refuses to provide ID? A person renting accommodation or member of a group doing so who refuses to confirm identify should not be accepted, and the situation will immediately be reported to the local authorities. OCvillas declines any responsibility that results from this behavior.
- It is the responsibility of the Guest / Customer, to make sure that their identity documents are valid and obey the legal regulations.
- We consider essential and advise Guests / Customers to subscribe it before starting your holiday, an adequate holiday insurance policy, you should be aware of the policy details, it is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance protects you in the right way.
16. Force Majore
- We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where we are prevented from fulfilling our contractual obligations as a result of “force majeure“. Force majeure means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, but are not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
17. Clarification (“Disclaimer”)
- The information placed on OCvillas.com is based on the information provided by the operator, in good faith and updated regularly. However, it cannot guarantee the accuracy of the same at all levels;
- We recommend you to contact us in case of any questions;
- In the event of a cost of error caused by our internet system, or appear in the confirmatory document, it shall prevail the confirmatory price mentioned on the confirmation e-mail. Any content introduced due to the computer system or human error will not be valid.
18. Legal information:
- “OCvillas – Promotion and Real Estate Rentals Ltd” is a commercial limited liability company with the NIPC 513 359 966 and has its headquarters at Rua Manuel Teixeira Gomes, Edificio Telhas Verdes, lote 4, Loja D, 8200-291 Albufeira, at which all contracts are subject to the jurisdiction of the Portuguese courts.
- OCvillas, Ltd is a company exclusively middle and provision of distribution services and promotion of real estate, which acts between the operator of the property and the Guest / customer rents.
- Every booking and accommodation billing will be processed in accordance with the legislation in force and issued by the operator on behalf of the Guest / Customer.